The objectives of this inaugural Birdshot Patient Day
- To reduce sense of isolation of patients with this rare disease,
- To raise the profile of the disease,
- To allow a two-way exchange of information between patients and professionals,
- To improve visual outcome of patients,
- To provide a platform for research.
Participants of the Birdshot Patient Day 2010
We hope to extend our success in this area by providing an environment in which a two-way learning process can flourish between patients and healthcare professionals; a setting in which both groups can feel supported, respected and understood.